Queers and our allies, tackling the big issues – with jokes.
It’s back! Brought to you by the Victorian AIDS Council, the VAC Hypothetical brings together entertainers and experts to talk about the big issues facing the LGBTI community. From comedians and doctors, politicians and sex workers, activists and authors, this year’s panel will tackle the big topics with keen insight, irreverent humour, and razor-sharp wit. Panellists include comedian Judith Lucy, writer Benjamin Law, activist and Sex Party candidate Joel Murray, and many others.
This year’s hypothetical will see our panellists plunged into a murder mystery, with host Adam Richard guiding them through a cloak-and-dagger scenario of sex and drugs, religion and politics, queer identity and LGBTI health.
The panel will be moderated again this year by the stunningly handsome Adam Richard. The complete panel consists of:
- Judith Lucy, comedian extraordinaire and compulsive oversharer
- Joel Murray, perennial Sex Party candidate and sexual health policy wizard
- Michelle Sheppard, JOY 94.9 radio host and award-winning LGBTI Jobs guru
- Dennis Altman, pretty much Australia’s most venerable queer
- Edwina Wright, HIV researcher and clinician and Victoria’s doyenne of PrEP
- Benjamin Law, noted writer who puts those of us in our early 30s to shame
- Karen Price, deputy CEO of ACON and everybody’s favourite enabler
- David Marr, author, journalist, commentator, and unapologetic overachiever
- Tennille Moisel, CEO of JOY 94.9 and Melbourne’s premier LGBTI renaissance woman
Though we’ll be asked questions about some very serious topics, the tone of the night is meant to be funny and informative.
Tue, 17/01/2017 – 19:00 – 21:00
This is a free event, but bookings are essential.
Can’t make it to the event?